Friday, March 12, 2010


While cakes are great and beautiful, cupcakes are just as great and beautiful. They feel like a gift more than a treat. It's made just for you, with love. 
Both Brides and Birthday girls are going to cupcake route. Instead of a regular cake or just as favors.
A friend gave me a day-by-day tear off calendar for Christmas last year and I spent all of 2009 baking cupcakes. I was known as the cupcake lady at both mine and my husband Jake's work. It was a delectable time.
I found this poem that Laura from Laura's Cupcake Shack received from her husband Anthony. It is one of the reasons why I believe cupcakes really are like gifts.  

CUPCAKES:

TO SOME, ITS A SWEET, A YUMMY LITTLE TREAT

BUT FOR ME ITS MUCH MORE,THAN A BITE TO EAT.

ITS BECAUSE OF A CUPCAKE, AND GODS MASTER PLAN,

YOU GET TO WATCH ME GROW, FROM A BOY TO A MAN.

SO I GIVE YOU THIS GIFT, AS A REMINDER TO SEE,

WHAT MAYBE SWEET TO ONE, IS MUCH SWEETER TO ME.

IT REPRESENTS HOW WE ALL CAME TO BE..

SOME SUGAR AND FLOUR TURNED INTO A FAMILY.

A SYMBOL OF LOVE, OR A SYMBOL OF DESTINY

A CUPCAKE IS THE REASON

I HAVE YOU, AND YOU HAVE ME……

LOVE,

ANTHONY


Images Found at the Wonderful Flights of Fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment